Turn off a VPN to Increase Battery Life
Using a VPN is important to keep your personal information private, but it’s also an extra app that’s constantly running in the background, consuming battery.
The good and bad thing about the iPhone and Mac is that once you have your VPN turned on, it usually stays that way, even if the app is closed. Here’s how you can make sure your VPN isn’t turned on.
Check your VPN connection on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on VPN.
- Make sure the Status says Not Connected when you don’t want to use it.
Check your VPN connection on MacBook:
- Click on the Apple menu on the top left.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Select Network.
- On the side menu on the left, click on the name of your VPN.
- Make sure it says Not Connected when you don’t want to use it.