Listen to YouTube With Your Screen Locked
You probably already know how YouTube makes it really hard to watch videos with Picture-in-Picture, making listening to videos while your screen is locked pretty much impossible.
However, what you may not know is that there is a small workaround that will let you listen to any YouTube video, even if your screen is locked. This is what you need to do:
- Open Safari and go to YouTube.
- Choose the video you want to listen to.
- Tap the Aa button on the left side of the address bar.
- Tap on Request Desktop Website.
- Give it a moment to switch websites and then play the video you want.
- Lock your screen.
- Unlock your iPhone and then tap play on the video player.
And that’s it! The video will begin playing, and you’ll be able to listen to it without any issues. Granted, it would be better to be able to watch the video in PiP, but this is all we have for now. At least you’ll be able to listen to podcasts or audiobooks on the go.