Tis’ the season to be jolly, right? And, after all, what could be more jolly than hanging a strand or two of those festive, colorful Christmas lights in or around your home? Perhaps a cup of egg nog chai or pumpkin spice goodness from Starbucks, but that’s neither here nor there, really, because the news we have to share with you today is more related to the former as opposed to the latter.
Yep, you guessed it, Apple Stores all around the country (as well as Apple’s online storefront) began selling these awesome, app-enabled strand lights just in time for the holidays!
Perfect for decorating your home or tree, these lights feature Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, and can be controlled via a companion App — available in the App Store — that allows for 100% customization of light colors, effects, timers, allows for music visualization, and more.
Apple is selling the Lumenplay starter kit for $79, which features a 12-foot strand of 12 RGB LED lightbulbs. Included with the starter kit, as well, is the Lumenplay Controller hardware necessary to connect to your iOS device, which features its own 24-inch lead cable. Moreover, additional 12-foot strands can be purchased, sans the controller hardware, for just $59.
See the list of features, functions, and specifications below:
- 12 C9 bulbs featuring RGB LED technology on green wire
- Physical controller with 24-inch lead
- Connection on either end supporting up to 500 lights
- 120V standard plug; CSA-US certified for Indoor and outdoor use
- 16 Million Custom Color Selector
- Special effects Enhancer: Brightness + Speed + Direction Control
- Music Visualizer: Choose your own music and colors to create your own personalized light show.
- On/Off Timer and more
The package is also currently available on Amazon and at a few other retailers nationwide.