Apple is once again offering a 10 percent bonus to users who add funds directly to their Apple ID, making it a great time to stockpile some cash on your account.
The bonus will be available to users who fund their accounts with a linked debit or credit card between now and Dec. 12, 2019. Eligible funding amounts range from $1 to $200, with the top bonus capped at $20.
Funds added to an Apple ID account can be used for buying apps or in-app purchases, iTunes movies and TV shows, books, or various Apple subscriptions such as iCloud storage, Apple Music, Apple Arcade and others.
The company kicked off the promotion in November, but depending on when you read this article, you may still have a couple of weeks to take advantage of it. It’s available in the U.S. and other countries, but users will only be able to get the bonus once on a single account.
Still, it’s a great opportunity to get some additional cash if you’re planning on funding your account or purchasing Apple apps or subscriptions in the near future. (If you use your Apple Card to fund your account, you can also get additional Daily Cash back.)
Ahead of the busy holiday season is also a great time to add money to your Apple ID, since the funds can be used to gift apps to other users, buy movies for cozy winter nights or just to take advantage of Black Friday deals on in-app subscriptions and purchases.
How to Get the Bonus
To take advantage of the promotion on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, use the following steps.
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Tap on your Apple ID profile picture in the top-right corner.
- Tap on Add Funds to Apple ID.
- Select an amount or enter your own by clicking Other.
- Tap on Next.
- Finally, authenticate your payment with Touch ID or Face ID to confirm it.
You can also get the bonus cash when adding funds on a Mac. Here’s how.
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Click on your Apple ID profile picture.
- Find and click on View Information.
- Click on Add Funds to Apple ID.
- Select a funding amount or enter your own by clicking Other.
- Click on Next.
- Confirm the payment by using Touch ID or entering your Apple ID password.