How to Apple Mail Drop
2 Min Read
Toggle Dark Mode
Sharing large files with friends, family or coworkers without having to compress them down to a more manageable size used to be a thing of the past. With the introduction of Apple’s Mail Drop program, getting your sizeable files from your Mac over to someone else has never been easier.
Mail Drop on your Mac takes your desired attachments and uploads them to your iCloud before sending the email allowing the full, original files to be sent without being compressed. It’s a simple process:
- Find the videos, pictures or files you would like to send. This tutorial shows a large video in the Photos app.
- Click on the share icon (the square with the arrow through it in the upper right-hand corner). Select “Mail.” Your Mac will then prepare the file for uploading.
- The Mail app will then open with a new message all ready for you to compose as you wish and send off.
- Send your message pushing the paper airplane icon and a window will pop up asking whether you’d like to “Use Mail Drop” or “Try Sending in Email,” select “Use Mail Drop” to upload to iCloud and send the link.
- Your recipient will then receive an email with links to your files, which generally will automatically begin downloading once they open the email.
Other how to Mail Drop Resources:
- How to access Mail Drop
- How to apple Mail Drop
- How to mail drop on iCloud
- How to Mail Drop on iPhone
- How to receive mail drop on iOS 10
Image Credit: techradar.com