Toggle Dark Mode
Widgets were a game-changer when Apple added them in iOS 14. These new additions turned the very capable iPhone and iPad into productivity powerhouses.
One year later, Apple is expanding iOS again to include a handful of new iPhone and iPad widgets that’ll let you find your devices, connect with your friends and family, and more.
To make it easier to use widgets, iOS 15 also will include a Smart Stack arrangement that’ll consist of widgets from your favorite apps.
You can add or remove these suggested widgets as well as reorder them right from the Home screen.
- Find My Widget – Use the Find My widget to keep track of your friends, family, and personal items like your AirPods and AirTags right from the Home screen.
- Contacts Widget – The Contacts widget helps you stay connected to family and friends. You can call them, message them, or FaceTime there right from the Home screen. If you use Family Sharing, you can even approve purchases or respond to Screen Time without leaving the Home screen.
- Game Center Widgets – Find out when your friends are playing and what games they prefer with the new Friends Are Playing widget. When done with your friends, head over to the Continue Playing widget to find a list of your recently played Game Center–enabled games. This list even works across devices allowing you to see both iPad and iPhone games.
- App Store Widget – Stay up to date with the latest stories, collections, and in‑app events from your Today tab with the App Store widget.
- Sleep Widget – Keep tabs on how well and how long you sleep with the new Sleep widget.
- Mail Widget – Check one of your mailboxes and catch a glimpse of your latest emails with the new Mail widget.
Do you use widgets in iOS? Share your favorites in the comments.