Carrier promotional offers for new smartphones are pretty typical. But in the wake of this year’s iPhone 11 announcement, T-Mobile is doing something a bit different.
Most of the time, new smartphone deals require that you switch from another carrier or add a new line to your account. But, as it has done in the past, the Uncarrier is offering steep discounts on new iPhone 11 models, even for current customers.
T-Mobile’s new promotion is a trade-in offer, but you could potentially get up to 50 percent off a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro on a 24-month installment agreement. The amount you get seems dependent on what device you have to trade in.
- If you trade in an iPhone 7, you can get half off the $699 iPhone 11.
- Trade an iPhone XS Max in and you can get half off the $1,099 iPhone 11 Pro Max.
It’s a great deal if you’re a current T-Mobile subscriber due for an upgrade. You won’t need to add any additional lines, you’ll just get a nice discount on a new device.
The discount you get depends on what device you have to trade in. Here’s the full breakdown.
- Save $550 when you trade in an iPhone XS Max (64GB or 256GB)
- Save $500 when you trade in an iPhone XS (64GB or 256GB)
- Save $350 when you trade in an iPhone XR (64GB or 128GB), iPhone X (64GB), or iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.
The deal doesn’t just apply to the 2019 iPhones, either. You can potentially get a discount on a new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR.
There are, of course, other terms and you’ll need to pay taxes and fees at the time of purchase.
Any Better Deals?
Of course, it’s worth noting that you may be able to find better deals elsewhere — even at Apple itself.
For example, if you trade-in an iPhone XS Max for an iPhone 11 Pro at Apple, you could get the 2019 device for just $499.
T-Mobile may have Apple beats on other offers, however. Apple only offers $150 off for an iPhone 7-for-iPhone 11 trade — compared to T-Mobile’s roughly $350 off.