It’s that time of the year again: Amazon’s fourth annual Prime Day has begun! Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming retail holiday.
If you aren’t familiar, Prime Day is an Amazon-created shopping holiday where Prime subscribers can nab exclusive deals for a full day (and a half). It’s like Black Friday, but wholly online.
Prime members can find hundreds of thousands of deals on popular products across Amazon — but they can go quick. Luckily, new deals are posted as often as every five minutes or so.
You’ll find great discounts on a plethora of products, from smart home gadgets and TVs to toys and kitchen appliances. Amazon is also doubling-down on discounts for its own products, so it’ll be a great time to pick up an Amazon Echo or a Fire TV.
The shopping holiday is available in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Spain, Mexico, Japan, Italy, India, Germany, France, China, Belgium, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018 will officially kick off at 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) on Monday, July 16.
- It will run for a full 36 hours, through the next day. The event will end on Tuesday, July 17.
- Be aware that not all deals will be available throughout that time. But new deals should pop up periodically, so keep an eye out for great discounts.
It’s Amazon Prime Day. In other words: yes, you do need a Prime membership to take advantage of the shopping holiday.
If you aren’t a Prime subscriber, you have a couple options to be able to participate in the sitewide holiday.
Firstly, you can sign up for a free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime here. Otherwise, you can subscribe to Amazon Prime for a month. If you like it, keep it — or unsubscribe if you don’t. It’s only $12.99 a month, or $99 a year.
Even if you only sign up for a month, it’s more than worth it to nab some incredible deals.
- Essential Phone 128 GB Unlocked Titanium and Ceramic Phone with Edge-to-Edge Display $249.99
- Toshiba 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR – Fire TV Edition $289.99
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Alexa $174
- iRobot Roomba 671 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity with Alexa $229.99
- Amazon Echo Spot $99.99
- Gyroor Warrior 8.5 inch All Terrain OFF ROAD Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speakers and LED Lights $239.00
- Schlage Connect Century Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In Alarm $199
- Xbox One S 1TB Console Starter Bundle $229.99
- Sony 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV $478.00