iOS 10.3 introduces a new feature called ‘Find My AirPods’ which is part of the Find My iPhone app. It allows you to easily locate your paired AirPods in case you lose them. If your AirPods are turned on and connected to your iPhone, then you can use the app to pinpoint their location and even play a sound.
Find My AirPods is most effective when your AirPods are turned on and connected to an iOS device so that it can show the most accurate location. When there’s no connection, such as when it runs out of battery or is too far from your iPhone, then Find My AirPods will display the last known location of your AirPods.
Here’s how you can locate the location of your lost AirPods and get them to play a sound using Find My AirPods.
How to Locate Your Lost Apple AirPods Using Find My AirPods
- Open the Find My iPhone app on your iPhone. If you don’t have it, download the app from the App Store.
- Next, log into your account using your Apple ID and password.
- Here you’ll view a list of all your connected iOS devices. Locate your AirPods from the list and tap on it.
- The last known location of your paired AirPods will be shown on the map. If it is circled in grey, then it means that they are no longer connected to any of your iOS devices.
- Now that you can view the most recent location of your AirPods, there are two things you can do:
Go to that location: Tap on the Actions button at the bottom and then tap on the car icon to get directions to where your AirPods are located.
Play a sound: To make your AirPods play a sound, tap on the Actions button at the bottom of the screen and then press ‘Play Sound’. If the AirPods icon is circled in green, then your AirPods will immediately play a sound. If the AirPods icon is circled in grey, then it will play a sound as soon as it connects to a paired iOS device.
That’s all you need to do to locate your pair of Apple AirPods. It’s worth noting that the location will be most accurate when it is connected to a paired iOS device. If not, Find My AirPods will show the last known location of your AirPods, which may or may not be accurate.
Read Next: How to Block a Number on iPhone