So you have an iCloud account. But maybe you want to switch main email accounts, or you signed up for iCloud with an email you no longer use.
Whatever the case may be, if you ever need to change the email address associated with your Apple ID or iCloud account, here’s how to do it.
To change your Apple ID or password from a browser:
1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
2. Sign in using your old email address and password.
3. From there, you’ll be brought to a screen where you can edit various pieces of information.
4. Under the Account heading, you’ll see your current email and birthday.
5. Click the “Edit” button on the right side of the screen.
6. From here, you’ll be able to input a new email address to use as your Apple ID — you can even add a separate email where you want to receive messages from Apple.
7. To change your password from this screen, you just click the Change Password option under the Security category.
8. First, you’ll have to answer two of the security questions you chose when you first opened your Apple account.
9. Once you input the correct answers, you’re free to change your password to whatever you like.
It’s worth noting that this is really the only way of changing the primary email associated with your Apple ID and iCloud account. You’ll have to sign out of iCloud on all of your devices, and then sign in again.
Password changes are a bit easier. Whether you need a password that’s more secure, easier to remember, or your password has been compromised, you have a variety of options when it comes to changing it.
To change your password on Mac or iOS — without a browser.
From a Mac:
1. Open Launchpad.
2. Find and open System Preferences.
3. Click on the iCloud icon.
4. Click on Account Details.
5. Click on the Contact tab.
6. Here, you can change, add and remove emails associated with your iCloud account.
7. To change your password, click the Security tab.
8. You may have to answer security questions to access this tab.
9. From this tab, you can change the password associated with your Apple ID and iCloud account.
From an iPhone.
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap on iCloud.
3. Click on your contact information (it should have a picture or a placeholder, along with your name and email).
4. Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
5. From here, you can change secondary email data as well.
6. To change your password, click on the Security tab.
7. You’ll have to answer two security questions again to access the form.
8. Once you do, you can change your password to whatever you’d like.
9. Additionally, you can also change the security questions for your account from this same screen.