While filters and Stories have made Snapchat more fun to use, if you’re tired of the app and no longer want to receive boring snaps from your friends, then deactivating or deleting your Snapchat account is a viable option. Surprisingly, Snapchat has made it possible for users to deactivate or even delete their account entirely. It is quite easy to do it and you don’t have to go through much of a hassle.
If you’ve been considering deactivating or deleting your Snapchat account, then here’s how you can do it.
How to Deactivate & Delete Your Snapchat Account
Deleting your Snapchat account is a two-step process. You first have to deactivate your account and then you can proceed with deleting it. This can be done through Snapchat’s website, either by using your computer or your iPhone.
Deactivating Your Snapchat Account
- On your computer or iPhone, open your preferred browser and go to http://support.snapchat.com/delete-account.
- Enter your Snapchat username and password to verify that you own the account.
- After you log in, a message is displayed to confirm that you want to deactivate your Snapchat account. Proceed by entering your username and password, and then clicking on the Continue button.
- Your Snapchat account is now deactivated, which means that your friends won’t be able to contact you on Snapchat anymore.
Deleting Your Snapchat Account
- Once you deactivate your Snapchat account, it will be deleted automatically after 30 days. This time gap gives you a chance to re-activate your account in case you change your mind and wish to use Snapchat again. To re-activate, simply sign into Snapchat using your username and password.
- After the 30 days time period has passed, your Snapchat account will be deleted automatically along with all the data stored on it. Once deleted, you won’t be able to access your account anymore.