Toggle Dark Mode
Sure, there are plenty of bargain pay-as-you-go cellular carriers out there for your iPhone, but did you know that one carrier has cellular plans that start as low as $10/mo? And that includes 1GB of data! Welcome to US Mobile.
What Is US Mobile?
US Mobile, which was founded in 2015 and currently boasts more than 100,000 users in the United States, is an MVNO carrier. I can hear your next question, “What’s an MVNO?”
An MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) is a cellular carrier that buys wholesale access to the wireless networks of the big three cellular carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon) to provide talk, text, and data services at a lower price.
No Subscriptions - Get Microsoft Office Lifetime Access for Just $49.97
Even Microsoft tries to nudge you toward paying monthly for their Suite 365. The good news is that you don't have to. iDrop News readers can get lifetime access to MS Office at 85% off the normal price...Get It Here
Since MVNO carriers like US Mobile don’t have to invest in or maintain the cellular network infrastructure, it can offer cellular plans that are priced lower than plans offered by the big three.
Which Cellular Networks Does US Mobile Use?
US Mobile currently piggybacks onto the well-known Verizon and T-Mobile cellular networks, meaning you can subscribe to US Mobiles plans on most any smartphone, be it the iPhone or the various Android models offered by Samsung, LG, and other smartphone makers. (Even flip phones, more about that later.)
US Mobile recently announced that it will also be using the AT&T cellular network starting sometime in the first half of 2024, which means US Cellular customers should have reliable cellular access anywhere in the United States that the big three networks provide coverage.
Which iPhones Are Compatible With US Mobile?
You’ll be glad to know that most 4G or 5G smartphones will be compatible with US Mobile. This includes Apple’s iPhone models, Android phones, and even flip phones. This will allow families or small businesses that may own multiple phones from different manufacturers to use the network with no issues.
What Are US Mobile’s Pricing Plans?
US Mobile offers several monthly and annual pricing plans, with several levels of service and data allowances, making it an excellent value for any user.
US Mobile’s monthly plans are:
- Unlimited Starter Plan: This plan offers unlimited talk and text, along with 35GB of premium data usage, 10GB of hotspot data usage, 1GB of native roaming data on GSM 5G, and 1GB international eSIM for just $29/mo for a single line, $27/mo per line for 2 lines and $25/mo per line for 3 or more lines. All taxes and fees are included in the price.
- Unlimited Premium Plan: This plan also offers unlimited talk and text, a generous 100GB of premium data usage, 50GB of hotspot data, and 5GB international eSIM for just $50/mo for a single line, $45/mo per line for 2 lines and $40/mo per line for 3 or more lines. All taxes and fees are included in that price.
US Mobile’s recently introduced annual plans include:
- Annual Unlimited Starter Plan: This plan provides the same benefits as the monthly Unlimited Starter plan (35GB of premium data usage, 10GB of hotspot data usage, 1GB of native roaming data on GSM 5G, and 1GB international eSIM) for $267/year per line ($23/mo per line).
- Annual Unlimited Premium: This plan provides the same benefits as the monthly Unlimited Premium plan (100GB of premium data usage, 50GB of hotspot data, and 5GB international eSIM) for $450/year per line ($37.50/mo per line).
Where’s the $10/mo Plan You Mentioned?
Another bargain plan is available from US Mobile, on both a monthly and an annual basis:
- Light Plan: If you use your iPhone mostly to talk and text or if you have access to a reliable WiFi connection, the provider offers this “Light Plan” which provides unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data. International calling is available as a $3/mo (or $24/year when if you pay on an annual basis) add-on for GSM devices. This plan is the $10/mo per user plan I mentioned above (or $6/mo if you pay annually). If you’re looking for a kosher-style plan, the light plan is perfect for you.
US Mobile also allows users to share their data allowance across multiple devices, such as 4G- and 5G-capable devices. Hotspot capabilities are included in the deal.
GSM 5G roaming coverage is available in 180 countries around the globe and Premium plans include 5GB to 10GB of roaming data each month. The provider also offers roaming add-ons, as well as international calling for lines on specific service plans.
How Do I Sign Up for US Mobile Service
It’s easy to sign up for US Mobile service by simply visiting its website. Plus, if your smartphone has eSIM capabilities, you can begin using your new plan almost immediately.
If your device uses a traditional SIM card, US Mobile will immediately send you SIM cards in a convenient kit (it includes two SIM cards, one for each type of phone). You’ll receive the sign-up kit via snail mail in just a day or two.
If your device is eSIM compatible, you’ll be able to activate your smartphone’s eSIM with the quick scan of a QR Code with your phone’s camera. This will allow you to immediately begin using your new US Mobile cellular service.
Track Your Cellular Plan on Your iPhone
US Mobile provides a mobile app for both iPhone and Android devices, allowing you to track your usage directly from your smartphone. In the app, you can track and analyze your usage, manage your current lines of service, or activate new lines of service, directly from your smartphone.
US Mobile Offers Reliable Cellular Service for Your iPhone for Less
US Mobile offers reliable cellular talk, text, and data services for your iPhone (or most any other smartphone) for much less than the big three US cellular providers or most other MVNO carriers. US Mobile provides access to the big three’s well-established cellular networks without their high prices and contracts with “gotcha” small print.
For more information about US Mobile’s plans and services or to sign up for US Mobile service, visit their website today.