Apple has released a new update for Final Cut Pro X, version 10.3.2, several months after the last update was rolled out in November.
The update includes a handful of new features, including the ability to organize audio files into custom folders in the Sound Effects browser, as well as general responsiveness and performance improvements. The ripple delete tool also no longer disables the select range, and audio meters will remain at custom widths even after the app is relaunched. Additionally, in 10.3.2, exporting ProRes 4444 files with transparency via the Compressor creates correct alpha channels.
Final Cut Pro X 10.3.2 also introduces a number of bug fixes, including fixes an issue when mixed-role secondary storylines could overlap and a bug that prevented projects from being burned to DVD via Apple’s external USB SuperDrive, according to the version release notes.
The previous update, 10.3.1, was smaller in comparison, and only included a few bug fixes.
10.3.2 is the latest update to Final Cut Pro X version 10.3, which was first rolled out in October 2016. That major update brought with it a redesigned interface, Wide Color and Touch Bar support, and a Magnetic Timeline that lets Final Cut Pro users see and understand their films at a glance via customizable roles, color coding of clips, and a Focus button that highlights specific audio roles while collapsing others.
Final Cut Pro 10.3.2 is currently available to download. As with any update, it’s recommended that you create a backup of both your current app and your Final Cut Pro libraries before attempting any installation. Final Cut Pro is also available as part of an educational bundle, provided at a discount from Apple.
The full Apple release notes for the update can be seen below.
New in Final Cut Pro X 10.3.2
- Ability to add custom folders of audio files to the Sound Effects browser
- Using ripple delete on audio-only clips no longer disables the selected range
- Audio meters retain custom width after relaunch
- Improves responsiveness when editing very long projects
- Improves performance when exporting H.264 files and changing frame rate
- Exporting ProRes 4444 files with transparency using Compressor creates a correct alpha channel
- Fixes an issue in which adjusting the line spacing of multi-line titles only applied to the first line
- Fixes an issue in which secondary storylines with mixed roles could overlap in the timeline
- Fixes an issue that could prevent burning Final Cut Pro projects to DVD via Apple USB SuperDrive