Will Apple Launch a High-End Ceramic iPhone 8 Next Year? New Reports Suggest the Company Won’t
iPhone 8 Could Boast a ‘Super Resolution’ Multi-Sensor Camera Unit, According to Apple’s Latest Patent Filing
New Patent Suggests Apple’s iPhone 8 Will Receive the Major Redesign We’ve Been Waiting For
Here Are 3 of the Internet’s Most Beautiful iPhone 8 Concepts
Apple’s iPhone 8 Will Ditch the Home Button for Good, New Patent Suggests
New Apple Patent Suggests iPhone 8 Will Boast an Advanced ‘Dimming’ OLED Display
iPhone 8 Moniker Accidentally Revealed By Apple Employee
iPhone 8 Rumored to Feature Front and Back Glass Panels with Stainless Steel Frame
Apple’s All-Glass iPhone 8 Is Already Being Crafted in Israel
More Evidence Has Leaked Suggesting a Virtual Home Button Is Coming to Apple’s iPhone 8
Why Apple Is Ditching Samsung’s Chips in Favor of TSMC for iPhone 7s
iPhone 7s to Feature an All-New Glass Body in 2017
iPhone 7s Is Expected to See a Major Design Change in 2017
Apple’s iPhone 8 and 8 Plus feature 4.7 and 5.5-inch displays, A11 processors, advanced 3D security and augmented reality capabilities, refreshed designs with glass rear panels, and add wireless charging capabilities to both models.
While they haven’t received the same amount of coverage as the iPhone X, there’s still plenty of reason to consider Apple’s iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, as the upcoming devices pack serious upgrades over their predecessors.
- The iPhone 8 has a 4.7-inch Retina HD LCD display. Roughly, it’s about the same size and form factor as the iPhone 7. Resolution is 1334 x 750 (326 pixels-per-inch).
- The iPhone 8 Plus has a 5.5-inch Retina HD LCD display. Comparatively, it’s about the same size and form factor as the iPhone 7 Plus. Resolution is 1920 x 1080 (401 pixels-per-inch).
- All three iPhones use a new glass sandwich construction.
- The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus retains a similar front bezel and display design to previous iPhone generations.
- The iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X all feature Qi inductive wireless charging.
- Similarly, all three devices feature support for fast-charging (though only via a Lightning to USB-C cable, which is sold separately).
- All three iPhones this year run on Apple’s latest A11 Bionic CPU, which also comes with a slew of Apple-designed tech like a proprietary graphics processing unit (GPU) and image signal processor (ISP).
- The iPhone 8 sports 2 gigabytes of RAM.
- The iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X have 3 gigabytes of RAM.
- The iPhone 8 sports a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera, as well as a 7-megapixel front-facing selfie camera.
- The iPhone 8 Plus sports a 12-megapixel, dual-camera module with a telephoto lens. It also comes equipped with a 7-megapixel front-facing selfie camera.
Storage Configurations & Color Options
- The iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus comes in 64-gigabyte and 256-gigabyte storage configurations.
- The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are available in Space Grey, Silver and Gold.
- The iPhone 8 starts at $699 for the 64GB configuration.
- The iPhone 8 Plus starts at $799 for the 64GB configuration.