Toggle Dark Mode
We all need a reminder about our busy schedule from time to time. Fortunately, your iPhone is there to help you keep up with even the smallest detail when it comes to your daily routine through the use of reminders. This is a rather simple feature, but it can make a world of difference for those who simply have a great deal of work (or play) on their plate in the coming weeks.
Learning how to use this feature is simple, and depending on what type of iPhone you have, you may have a couple of different options regarding how to set a reminder on an iPhone in the first place. Furthermore, you may be able to change the type of reminder you’re creating based on times, locations and other important variables.
How to Create a Basic Reminder
- From your phone’s home screen, launch the Reminders app.
- Select from a set of default lists or choose to create your own.
- If you’re opting to make your own, tap the plus sign in the upper right corner of your screen and type in the details.
- Hit “Done” in order to save your reminder and complete the process.
How to Set Time-Based Reminders
- Again, launch the Reminders app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Choose between preexisting reminders or create your own.
- When you type up your information, select the gray arrow beside the data.
- Select the “On” option for “Remind me on a day.”
- Define when you’d like to be reminded about the task you’ve set a reminder for and tap “Done” to complete the process.
How to Set Location-Based Reminders
- Launch the Reminders app as you would when making any other type of reminder.
- Create or select your new reminder.
- Again, tap the gray arrow to the right of your information when you’re finished inputting it.
- Toggle the “Remind Me At a Location” option to the “On” position.
- Fill out all the information regarding your arrival time, departure time and other pertinent details that will help your phone remind you about the information at the appropriate time, in the appropriate location.
How to Set Reminders Using Siri
If you’d like to simplify the process, you can simply have your phone’s Siri do the work for you. It’s a simple process, though you may want to check that everything’s accurate to ensure your reminder isn’t overlooked.
- Activate Siri.
- Tell her to remind you about your specific event.
- You can also tell Siri to remind you at a certain time or in a certain location.