Toggle Dark Mode
Apple changed the functionality of notifications with iOS 15. Thanks to new features like Focus, you can now control when you want to be bothered by notifications.
However, that’s not all. With iOS 15, you can also customize your notifications and schedule them so that you get all your mail or social media notifications at a certain time during the day.
If you’re always getting distracted by notifications, this is a cool way to focus on what’s important without missing a thing, thanks to the Notification Summary. It’s really easy to use, and it can change how you interact with notifications forever.
How to Use Notification Summary on iPhone
Notification summary is a feature that’ll help you bundle all your non-sensitive notifications into one place. That way, you can schedule when you want to look at them, and you’ll see all your notifications in one place, with the more important ones on top.
Here’s how to set up a notification summary:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Notifications.
- Tap on Scheduled Summary.
- Toggle Schedule Summary on.
- Tap on Continue.
- Tap on the apps you want in your summary.
- Tap on Add apps.
- Set a schedule if you want. Don’t worry; you can change it later.
- Tap on Turn on Notification Summary.
That’s it! You’re now using Notification Summary. Keep in mind that Notification Summary doesn’t affect time-sensitive notifications. For example, sensitive notifications like phone calls or direct messages will be notified immediately to avoid missing important stuff.
How to Customize Notification Summary Schedules
You’ll see that you will already have a couple of schedules for when you’ll receive your notification summary, but you can change it and customize it however you like. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Notifications.
- Select Scheduled Summary.
- Under the Schedule section, tap the plus icon to add a new schedule. You can also tap the minus icon next to a schedule to remove it and then tap Delete. Finally, you can change an already existing schedule by tapping the time on the right side.
You can add up to 12 different daily summaries throughout the day. You can also toggle Show Next Summary on to see the next notification summary before the scheduled time. Additionally, you can add or remove apps from your summary by scrolling to the bottom and tapping the toggle next to the app you want to add or delete.
Tip: You can see the average notifications you receive in a day below the app under the Apps in Summary section. That’ll help you determine if it should be on a scheduled summary instead of constantly distracting you.