Toggle Dark Mode
It’s time to admit that it’s hard to see our iPhone’s screen without glasses. Despite screen sizes becoming bigger every few years, the text size seems to pretty much remain the same – but many of us don’t like wearing glasses when we’re just playing around with our iPhones, especially when we’re relaxing or lying in bed.
The good news for all of us is that Apple makes it really easy to change the text size of every app with just a few taps! What’s more, there’s even a way for you to change the text size of individual apps while leaving the same size for others. It’s great, it’s easy, and this is how you can do it.
If you want to change the size of all your apps once and be done with it, there’s a quick and easy way to do it! All you need to do is follow these steps:
No Subscriptions - Get Microsoft Office Lifetime Access for Just $49.99
Even Microsoft tries to nudge you toward paying monthly for their Suite 365. The good news is that you don't have to. iDrop News readers can get lifetime access to MS Office at 77% off the normal price...Get It Here
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Display & Brightness.
- Scroll down again and tap on Text Size.
- Use the slider at the bottom of your iPhone to change the text size to whatever you feel comfortable with.
This will change the size of all the apps on your iPhone, which is great for some users. Remember that if you want to go back to the default option, you need to put the slider exactly in the middle.
How to Add a Text Size Control Switch to the Control Center on iPhone and iPad
Changing the size of all your apps is great, but if you want to customize each app individually, you’ll need to dig a little deeper. First, you’ll need to add the Text Size control to your Control Center like this:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Control Center.
- Scroll down again and find the text size control.
- Add the text size control to your Control Center by tapping the plus icon on the left side of the control.
- Once it’s on your Control Center, you can drag the control up or down the list to change its location.
How to Change the Text Size of Individual Apps on iPhone and iPad
Now that you have the text size control in your Control Center, here’s how to change the text size of individual apps!
- Open the app in which you want to change the text size.
- Open Control Center. If you’re using an iPhone with Face ID, swipe down from the top right corner of your screen. If your iPhone has Touch ID and a Home button, swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the text size control.
- You can choose All Apps to change the text size of everything on your iPhone, or you can select to change the text size of the app you open by tapping on the bottom left side of your screen.
- Drag the slider up or down to increase or decrease the text size of the app.
- Exit the Control Center.
The text size of the app will automatically change, and you can repeat the same steps to find the best size for you. You can also go to other apps and repeat these steps to give each individual app a specific text size based on your needs.
And if you want to go to the default version, move the slider up or down until you see the word Default below the Text Size at the top of your screen.