In accordance with several different rumors, Facebook released its dedicated Notify app, on Wednesday, delivering timely and relevant news updates to the social media platform’s users in real-time.
Attempting to make the Notify app a trusted and consistently used news delivery outlet, the app delivers a broad range of content types to users — including the day’s weather forecast, breaking news from multiple, credible sources, in addition to fashion news from the likes of Vogue and Historical images from Getty.
“Everyone has different interests, so whether you’re into sports, celebrities, news, movies, music or shopping, Notify makes it easy to find notifications you’re into with a broad selection of ‘stations’ across a variety of categories,” reads Facebook’s official Notify press release.
Some examples of available stations include:
- “The Final Scores,” courtesy of FOX Sports, providing end-of-game summaries for your favorite teams.
- “The Daily AM Forecast,” brought to you by The Weather Channel, delivers your local weather forecast each morning in real-time.
- “Hot New Trailers,” via Fandango, brings you trailers for the hottest new movies as they reach the box office.
- “Breaking News” from CNN, and “Top Stories” from FOX News deliver the day’s headlines.
- “The 10 Best Dressed,” courtesy of Vogue magazine, is a digest of the week’s best-dressed celebrities.
- “Daily Mediation,” by Headspace, gives users small but effective guided meditation exercises to incorporate into their day.
- “The Flashback” station, brought to you by Getty Images, delivers iconic imagery from that particular day in history.
Notifications are sent throughout the day to notify users of the most recent news in their selected categories, err, “stations,” which can be opened to view the full story or shared via Facebook or other social media platforms.
Similarly, incoming news updates can be saved to a reading list that can be accessed at a later time, if you don’t want to or can’t handle them the moment they arrive. The Notify app keeps a list of everything you’ve received over the past 24 hours, so you can refer back to it at any time throughout the day or night.
So what do you think? Are you going to download Facebook’s Notify app to help you stay in-the-know?