Unwanted Apps Running in the Background
Sometimes after a big software update, some Apps will automatically start launching themselves as soon as you start up your Mac.
While some apps might be useful, others aren’t necessary and they only help to reduce your Mac’s performance and end up killing your battery life faster than usual.
Fortunately, there’s a quick fix to stop apps from automatically running in the background.
- Head over to the Apple Menu on the Menu Bar.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Make sure the correct user is selected. You can see all the users on the left side menu.
- Click the Login Items tab.
- You’ll see a list of all the items that open up when you log in. Remove the apps you don’t want.