Send GIFs using a third-party app
You’re not stuck searching through GIF collections using Safari. You can pull animated GIFs from a repository like Giphy without browsing the web by downloading a third-party app that provides access to these online GIF collections.
- Download and install a GIF app like Giphy from the App Store.
- Open Messages.
- Select an existing conversation or the new message icon.
- Swipe the app drawer at the bottom until you see the icon for the app.
- If you don’t see the app icon, choose More and add it to the list.
- Once the app is added, you can select the app icon and search for your GIF.
Alternatively, you can download a GIF keyboard app. This lets you switch to a GIF keyboard instead of the standard alphanumeric keyboard, where you can search for animated images and insert them directly into your messages.