Embrace Cellphone Etiquette
This should go without saying, but there are some actions that may be unsafe, unsmart, or just plain rude. Here are some proper phone etiquette tips.
- Using speakerphone in public.
- Swiping through people’s photos after they hand you their phone.
- Grabbing the phone out of someone’s hand to see a picture.
- Taking a phone call while you’re in the grocery checkout.
- Using your phone in a movie theater.
- Texting while driving.
- Responding to a text with “K.”
- Calling someone after they text you.
- Speaking loudly about business in public.
- Not silencing your phone in meetings or public venues.
- Using your phone in public bathrooms. (Mainly men using urinals or people taking an actual call while doing their business).
- Reading a message and not responding. (Especially with Read Receipts turned on).
At the end of the day, everyone has different opinions on what’s not okay and what is. But some of it is just common sense.