Send Handwritten Notes
It’s possible to send handwritten messages on the Message app. Instead of using the keyboard, you can use your fingers to write your own personalized message and make it stand out. The person who gets the message will see the text being written in a small animation as if you’re doing it in front of them.
To use this feature, you’ll first have to unlock portrait orientation on your iPhone.
To do this, just go to your Control Center, either by swiping down from the top right corner of your screen if you have an iPhone with no Home button; or swiping up from the bottom of your screen if your iPhone has a Home button. Then tap the portrait orientation lock button off. It’s a small lock with a circling arrow around it.
After you’ve done that, follow these steps:
- Open the Message app.
- Tap the Compose button on the top right corner to create a new message or open any conversation you’ve already started.
- Turn your iPhone sideways.
- Tap the empty field, then tap the button on the bottom right corner that looks like a scribble.
- Start handwriting your message.
- Tap Done.
- If you want, you can send a message with your handwritten text. Tap the Send button.