Studies have revealed some interesting things about iPhone users, like that we tend to be more extroverted, for example (along with some other less savory qualities). But what else does your iPhone say specifically about you, as a person? What does it say about your personality, habits, and preferences?
Remember, these are devices that we interact with all day long, and so your phone may be more revealing than you think! Continue reading to find out what your iPhone says about you.
Your iPhone Says That You Eat Healthier Than Android Users
Weird, but true! Various surveys have polled iPhone users about what they like to eat, and have found out a lot of interesting trends.
- If you own an iPhone, you're more likely to eat yogurt, mixed nuts, and ginger.
- As an iPhone owner, you probably like tapas, and according to other studies, you likely prefer buying chicken over ribs.
- Android users seem to prefer high-calorie foods like pizza and popcorn.
All in all, iPhone users tend to eat healthier and are more interested in new food trends. We'll take it!
Your iPhone Says a Lot About Your Level of Self-Control
Specifically, how worn out your iPhone is and how often it's in your hand can show facets of your personality.
Research has shown that if you have all of your social media apps front and center, and are always taking out your iPhone to check for messages and updates, then you're more likely to have poor impulse control, and are more likely to be impatient in other parts of your life.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you're content to leave your iPhone in a pocket, then you are more likely to be forbearing and willing to wait for the things that you want. Makes sense, right?
Your iPhone Case Is a Great Indicator of Your Personality
Your case says a whole lot about just how you prefer to use your iPhone – and by extension, your hobbies and lifestyle.
- A ruggedized case with rubber edges? You probably prefer adventures, the outdoor life, and excursions that are just as fun by yourself as with others (or your job requires similar activities).
- A wallet case, meanwhile, probably means you're an older person who's efficient and organized.
- An iPhone case with a selfie light likely means you're a partier who enjoys being the center of attention, and leveraging your social interactions for Instagram.
- As for the plain, unadorned case – the chances are good that you're practical, reliable and likely very trustworthy.
- A battery case might say that you're hardworking, dependable and care that people can always reach you.
Your iPhone Might Also Say That You're a Procrastinator
Some people associate iPhones users with the need to always have what's new – even if it's not that different from the model that came before. But if you're carrying around an iPhone with a cracked screen or dented edges, you're probably the opposite.
If your iPhone has a cracked screen, you tend to be more humble, and you don't feel the need to chase after trends, especially if it costs money. You may also tend to procrastinate a bit, so think about making a repair appointment in the near future.
Your iPhone Says You Act out of Habit
An interview with psychologist Susan Weinschenk, Ph.D, pointed out something interesting about iPhone models: if you're the sort person to get the latest iPhone ASAP, it may not have much to do with staying on top of trends – you may simply be the sort of person who acts out of habit by buying a new iPhone each year.
On the other hand, more direct and goal-oriented people may actually be less likely to jump on a new model, because they tend to review specs, costs, and make careful decisions ahead of time.