4 Add a Nickname
It’s useful to have somebody’s full name listed under their contact card. Some people don’t prefer this, but it can certainly help differentiate between contacts with the same name. But there’s also another option: nicknames. Basically, you can keep a contact’s first and last name in the contact card while using a nickname for most purposes. It’s especially useful when using Siri to contact a friend that you’re not used to calling by their formal first name. Here’s how.
- Open the Contacts app. Alternatively, open the Phone app and tap Contacts.
- Tap the contact card you’d like to add a nickname to.
- Then, tap on Edit.
- Scroll down until you see add field. Tap on it.
- Select Nickname from the menu that appears.
- You should see Nickname appear as a new field at the top of the contact card now. Simply tap on it to add one.