Last year, Apple began offering a free one-year trial subscription to Apple TV+. Apple kicked off this promotion on November 1, 2019, to promote the launch of the iPhone 11 and Apple TV+ subscription service. This promotion was offered to customers who purchased an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV. Continue reading to learn how to cancel your subscription if you no longer want it and what your options are if you’d like to remain subscribed.
Don’t Forget to Cancel
Now that it has been almost a year, the free trial is about to expire for those who snagged the promotion when it first debuted. Unless these early subscribers intervene, they may be surprised by an unexpected charge on their credit card at the end of the month. The best thing you can do to avoid this renewal charge is to cancel your AppleTV+ subscription. Unlike some services that require a phone call, you can cancel easily right on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Note: If you are actively using Apple TV+, you may want to wait until the end of the month as canceling now will revoke access immediately. Set a reminder for October 30 and then cancel on that day.
How to Cancel Apple TV+ on iOS
Follow these steps to cancel Apple TV+ using your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Tap on subscriptions to view your active subscriptions
- Tap on Apple TV+ to manage your AppleTV+ subscription.
- Tap the cancel option to terminate your free trial.
Once you cancel your AppleTV+ subscription, you will lose access to the service. If you change your mind, you can always re-subscribe.
How to Cancel Apple TV+ on macOS
You also can cancel your subscription through the App Store on the Mac.
- Open the App Store app.
- Click your name or the profile icon at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Click View Information at the top of the window.
- Enter your login credentials if you are prompted to sign in.
- Scroll until you see Subscriptions, then click Manage.
- Click Edit next to the Apple TV+ subscription.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
If you want to keep AppleTV+, you can choose to pay $4.99 per month for the service or $49.99 for an annual subscription. Apple also is preparing to launch its Apple One subscription service. The newly-announced subscription plan will bundle AppleTV+ along with other Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and other Apple services. Apple One will launch soon with plans starting as low as $15 per month.