Dim Your Display to an All-New Level
There’s dim, and then there’s really dim. Like Joey Tribbiani dim. The brightness on your iPhone can be adjusted from the Control Center. But what if you need it even darker? Like when your significant other is trying to sleep.
It turns out there’s a little trick using the “zoom” accessibility feature that makes this possible. Here’s how you do it:
- Open Settings and select General > Accessibility > Zoom
- Make sure the “Show Controller” option is enabled then set the “Zoom Filter” to “Low Light.”
- Enable the “Zoom” toggle.
- Tap the circular control pad that appears.
- Using the slider at the bottom of the zoom settings, zoom all the way out.
- Select “Hide Controller” and tap outside the settings box to exit.
- Now just turn the brightness all the way down.
Now that you have zoom setup, you need to make it easy to enable/disable it.
- Navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.
- Make sure “Zoom” is checked.
Now anytime you want to dim your display, triple-tap the side/home button and select Zoom (if asked). Then turn the brightness all the way down.