The fantastic camera is one of the benefits of owning an iPhone and is a compelling reason why many people choose to purchase Apple's smartphone. When it comes to editing your videos and photos, many people turn to third-party apps, but you don't necessarily need to spend more money to purchase an editing or organization tool. Apple's built-in Photos app has the ability to add captions and do some lightweight editing of your media. Continue reading to browse five ways you can edit and organize your videos and photos on your iPhone.
Add Captions to Your Videos
Captions allow you to add descriptive information to a photo or a video in the Photos app. This information syncs across devices and can be used for easy searching through your photos or video library.
Want to find all the photos or videos of your dog? Add Fido as your captions.
Adding a caption is easy:
- Simply open the Photos app, and tap on the photo or video to view.
- Then swipe upwards to show the other file details like location.
- Right underneath the photo or video is the caption field.
- Tap the caption field, type in your caption, and press Done in the upper right corner to save it.
Export a Live Photo as a Video
A Live Photo records a bit of footage before and after the photo was taken. It provides a short clip that captures a brief moment in time. Instead of saving this moving memory as a photo, you can export it as a video that you can share with non-Apple devices.
- Start by opening the Photos app and selecting the Live Photo you want to save as a video.
- Select the share icon at the bottom left corner and then choose Save as Video.
- iOS will then save the Live Photo as a standalone video.
In the end, you will have a Live Photo and the corresponding video in your Photos library.
Remove the Live Effect from a Photo
Did you accidentally add Apple's Live effect to a still photo and want to remove it? It's easy to turn Live off.
- Open the photo and then select Edit.
- Select the Live icon in the toolbar at the bottom and choose the photo frame that you want to save. Hit Make Key Photo.
- Tap the Live button in yellow at the top to turn off the Live feature.
- Hit done.
When it is highlighted in yellow, the Live feature is on. When you turn it off, the yellow highlight will disappear and the Live icon will have a line through it.
If you decide you want to restore the Live content, you simply can edit the photo and tap the Live button at the top to turn it back on again.
How to Crop and Rotate a Photo
- Open the Photos app and then select the Library tab in the bottom left corner to view all of your photos.
- Select the image you want to edit and then tap 'Edit' in the top right corner.
- Select the square icon with the arrows at the bottom of your screen to open the crop and rotate tools.
- Use these tools to adjust the photo to your liking.
How to Quickly Find All of Your Selfies
- Open the Photos app and then select the Albums tab.
- Scroll down to Media Types section and select Selfies to view all your selfies.
- You also can use this menu to view only your screenshots or only your videos.