Create Text Shortcuts
Do you type the same phrase over and over again throughout the day? Save some time by using the handy text replacement tool in macOS. Here’s how.
- Click on the Apple menu in the upper left and select System Preferences.
- Click Keyboard, then click Text.
- NOTE: If you’re working in an app, you can also jump right to the settings by selecting Edit > Substitutions > Show Substitutions. Then select Text Preferences.
- Click the Add button (+) in the lower-left corner and type the text you want to replace. You should put something like “&done” in the Replace section, with its replacement saying “Heading home for the day. See you tomorrow!” in the With section.
- When you are working in an app, try typing your “replace” phrase like &done and macOS will automatically replace it with “Heading home for the day. See you tomorrow!”