Create a Dedicated Shortcut
A straightforward way of adding your COVID vaccine card to your iPhone is to take a photo of it and create a shortcut to that photo. You can then add this shortcut to the Home screen and access the card with a single tap. follow the steps below to link to your photo
- Take a photo of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Create a new Photos app album.
- Add the vaccination photo to this album.
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap the plus sign in the top right corner.
- Select Add Action.
- Use the search at the top to find the action “Find Photos.”
- Select the “Find Photos” action.
- Select the “Add Filter” option.
- Change the “Album is Recents” setting to “Album is XYZ,” where XYZ is the name of the new photo album you created for your COVID vaccine card.
- Select the plus sign below the action you just added.
- Search and select the “Show Results” action. You don’t need to change any settings here.
- Select the circle with three dots in the top right corner.
- Name your shortcut and customize the icon by tapping the default icon.
- Select “Add to Home Screen” and “Done.”
Upon completion, you will have a custom app that opens the photo for the vaccination card. You can also use Siri by speaking, “Hey Siri, run name of your shortcut.”