12. Add the Google Assistant Widget
Since you cannot assign Google Assistant to the Home button, the best thing you could do is to add its widget to your iPhone. It will show up in the Today view in Notification Center, on the Lock screen, as well as on the Home screen.
- Open Notification Center and go to the Today view.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Edit.
- From the list of available widgets, find Google Assistant and tap on the + button next to it.
- Now that the app’s widget has been added, go to the Lock screen or Home screen and swipe right to view the widgets page.
- Here you’ll find the Google Assistant widget.
- Press the microphone icon to start speaking to Google Assistant.