iOS 14.4 Bug Fixes
iOS 14.4 added a handful of bug fixes, addressing the following issues:
- Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro.
- Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data.
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard.
- The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages.
- Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri.
- Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen.
How to Update to Update to iOS 14.4 and watch OS 7.3
iOS and iPadOS 14.4 updates are available for free. The updates can be downloaded to all eligible devices by opening the Settings app. Then going to General > Software Update and following the installation instructions.
Watch owners can update to watchOS 7.3 by launching the Watch app on the iPhone. Users then can tap My Watch > General > Software Update. Watch owners can select Install to begin downloading the software. The Apple Watch must be charging for the installation to proceed.