Drag and Drop Files Into an Email
Just like you can do on your Mac, you can easily drag and drop files to the Mail app from your iPhone. It’s a neat new feature that Apple added with the latest software update, and it can help you save some time. For this example, we’ll drop an image from the Photos app.
- Open the Mail app and create a new message.
- Now go to the Photos app and select the picture you want to share.
- Long-press the photo and drag it, so you’re able to move the picture.
- Without releasing your finger, switch apps to go back to the Mail app.
- Release your finger to “drop” the picture in the email.
It may take a couple trys, but you’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly. You can also do this with other things like PDF files from the Files app. Just make sure to always drag it a little around the screen so you actually “grab” the file.