Each year the accessories that Apple includes in its iPhone box become increasingly redundant for a variety of reasons:
- Very few users are buying a new iPhone for the first time, so they may already have a charger from their last model, and even if they’re handing that iPhone down to another family member in the same household, they can often share chargers.
- USB chargers in general are becoming increasingly common. Chances are most iPhone buyers already have at least one kicking around that they’re not already using regularly.
- It’s always been possible to charge your iPhone from the USB port on a computer.
- Wireless charging is becoming considerably more popular.
- The charger Apple has been including for years with the iPhone (with the exception of last year’s “Pro” models) is notoriously slow. Many users choose to upgrade to a faster charger anyway.
- A lot of people likely don’t use earphones with their iPhone at all, since it’s no longer primarily a music player.
- Those who do use earphones often upgrade to much better earphones anyway, and like chargers, wireless earphones are becoming considerably more popular.